Why train with Wanaka Helicopters
Wanaka Helicopters has been operating in Wanaka since 1992 and over this time has earned a ‘world class’ reputation for training helicopter pilots.
Reasons why people train with us:
- Lake Wanaka Lifestyle Reserve a fantastic area of New Zealand to develop all round flying skills and enjoy a wide range of leisure activities when not training
- Exceptional flying environment:
- Quiet uncontrolled airspace and therefore no flight delays
- Close low flying area (3 minutes flight time)
- The controlled airspace of Queenstown is only ten minutes flight time away
- Southern Alps location – we are the home of mountain flight training in New Zealand
- Instructors with a wealth of commercial and instructional experience. Our owner /Director Simon Spencer-Bower has been training helicopter pilots since 1980 and was awarded the HAI instructor of the year 2015 – https://youtu.be/YAY8gHVYAag . Over 500 pilots trained to date.
- A family run business where students are made to feel part of our organisation
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of New Zealand and New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) approved courses. Follow this link to read our last NZQA report where we achieved the highest grade for educational performance
- Holder of CAA Air Operator and Training Organisation Certificates
- Student immigration visas and fee protection service
- Flexible start dates and year round training
- Wanaka is also a pilot theory examination venue and there is a CAA medical examiner based in the local town centre.
- Government funded Diploma qualifications which qualify for student loans
Please contact us for more information through our enquiry form.