With Wanaka Helicopters you can experience some of New Zealand’s most magnificent National Parks and natural features including Mount Aspiring/Tititea National Park and Fiordland National Park including Milford Sound and the West Coast.
Wanaka Helicopters works in conjunction with the Department of Conservation (DOC) to provide the best experience of our parks with the minimum impact. As well as flying routes that maximise your experience but minimise noise and other pollution, Wanaka Helicopters:
- insist on a take-only-photos leave-only-footprints approach to all landings in the parks
- provide rubbish bags on all flights to ensure all waste is removed.
- operate a No Smoking policy on all flights.
- provide literature regarding the parks’ features and the conservation efforts by DOC and others groups to manage them
- encourage feedback through this site on ways we could improve our environmental footprint